(… well, technically I am writing this on Wednesday night but it won’t pop up till tomorrow..)
Rant # 1 – People on social media who make a fulltime job of bitching and complaining about everything.
A sampling from a scan of my City of Ottawa feeds this evening:
- There aren’t enough bike lanes. Vehicles block bike lanes. Bike lanes aren`t maintained well enough. Cars don`t respect cyclists. (Ottawa cyclists are REALLY good at complaining)
- Taxes/user fees are too high and I refuse to pay that extra $25 on my annual tax bill (prolly said by folks with 500K + incomes and who live in 4000 square foot mansions).
- Building a (fill in the blank) is a waste of tax dollars. I would prefer that you waste those tax dollars on something that I want! Like more bike lanes!
- There hasn`t been enough public consultation on (fill in the blank) and someone is trying to pull the wool over the public’s eyes.
- The process is too slow (because of public consultation).
- Politicians are all in developers` pockets. Every last one of them, dammit.
And most of these “experts on everything” hide behind fake user names (at least on Twitter) so have a lot of courage when at a keyboard.
I am not saying that peeps shouldn`t be critical and maybe their aren’t enough bike lanes, etc., but when it is all that you write about, then I have to question their general level of happiness with life for these negative natties. I guess I should pity them.
And yes, I see the irony in posting a note complaining about people who complain. Carry on.
Rant # 2 – OC Transpo buses that cut in front of you.
Yeah, yeah, I know they have a right-of-way, but they really need to train the drivers better to use a signal IN ADVANCE of cutting into traffic and not just cut into it forcing folks to slam on their brakes, like I had to do this morning.
Rant #3 – People who don`t have their money or card at the ready to complete a transaction at the cash.
Seriously? You didn’t think you`d have to pay this time? You stood in line for 5 minutes and you couldn`t find the time to reach into your purse or pocket to get ready to pay??? Instead you dig into your purse or pocket and rummage around before finally finding your card or cash?
Rant #4 – Sinkholes.
Oh, wait. I actually kind of like them. Good conversation starters. Never mind.
Rant # 5 – The High Squirrel or Sparrow or whatever he is called on Game of Thrones
His feet. They are gross. Will someone please kill this guy off? Please?