A fine capital project brought to you by the Government of Canada
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Canada Wall Project
Date: November 9, 2016
aussi disponible en français
As a result of the change in government in the United States, the Government of Canada (GoC) finds it necessary to take unusual measures to protect its frontier with the U.S. from incursions by U.S. citizens who:
- Espouse similar views to the new President-elect
- Are members of the National Rifle Association
- Are named “Newt”
To this end, the GoC is requesting Proposals from qualified Canadian firms to construct two (2) separate walls along its borders.
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals will be accepted until 11:59 pm EST January 31, 2017. Any proposals received after this date and time will be returned to the sender. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
If the organization submitting a proposal must outsource or contract any work to meet the requirements contained herein, this must be clearly stated in the proposal. Additionally, all costs included in proposals must be all-inclusive to include any outsourced or contracted work. Any proposals which call for outsourcing or contracting work must include a name and description of the organizations being contracted.
All costs must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees and costs.
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Ace Consulting legal department and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
The purpose of this project is as follows:
To build a Wall to keep out undesirable U.S. citizens in order to prevent them from spreading their hate, misogynistic, gun-happy and racist ideas north of the border (or east, in the case of Alaska).
The Government of Canada is looking for interested and qualified parties to submit a comprehensive and costed proposal to build two walls – total length of 6,786 kilometre – along the borders of Canada and the United States. One along its southern contiguous border and one along the border with the State of Alaska.
- Wall must be constructed of materials that are long lasting, sustainable and durable.
- Height – no less than 8 metres at any point along the length of the wall.
- Thickness – no less than 1 metre.
- Access points – one every 100 kilometres. Design of access points must include provisions for guard station and passport, visa and security check facilities.
4. Project Scope
The scope of this project includes all design, development, building and quality testing, of Canada’s new Wall.
The selected bidder will be responsible for planning and conducting a thorough environmental and hydrogeological study of the immediate area where the Wall will be located. However, the GoC is committed to carry forward with this project even if Red-tailed hawks and rare tortoises are found nesting on the sites. All easements from First Nation Communities, municipalities, utilities and private landowners have already been obtained by the GoC (given the reason for the Wall, this process was remarkable quick and simple).
- RFPs must be received at the date above by 11:59 pm, January 31, EST
- RFPs will be assessed by April 1, 2017 and successful proposal submission will be announced the following day.
- Construction must begin by November 8, 2017 and must conclude by November 8, 2019
All proposals must include proposed costs to complete the tasks described in the project scope. Costs should be stated as one-time or non-recurring costs (NRC) or monthly recurring costs (MRC).
NOTE: All costs and fees must be clearly described in each proposal.
Bidders should provide the following items as part of their proposal for consideration:
- Description of experience in planning and building walls
- List of how many full time, part time, and contractor staff in your organization
- Examples of 3 or more major walls designed and built by your organization (IKEA folding walls do not count)
- Testimonials from past clients wall building
- Anticipated resources you will assign to this project (total number, role, title, experience with walls)
- A full testing plan to ensure wall integrity
- Timeframe for completion of the project
The GoC will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria. To ensure consideration for this Request for Proposal, your proposal should be complete and include all of the following criteria:
- Overall proposal suitability: proposed solution(s) must meet the scope and needs included herein and be presented in a clear and organized manner
- Organizational Experience: Bidders will be evaluated on their experience as it pertains to the scope of this project
- Previous work: Bidders will be evaluated on examples of their work pertaining to web site design and hosting as well as client testimonials and references
- Value and cost: Bidders will be evaluated on the cost of their solution(s) based on the work to be performed in accordance with the scope of this project
- Technical expertise and experience: Bidders must provide descriptions and documentation of staff technical expertise and experience
- Each bidder must submit 5 copies of their proposal to the address below by January 31, 2017, at 11:59 pm EST:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Wall Procurement Branch
Attention – Wall RFP coordinating unit
21 Sparks Street, Ottawa, ON, K6H W0W
the attachments to this post: