So bye-bye 2015 and hi to 2016!
2015 was pretty momentous, yo. What with a new game in town on the Hill, the Jays making a legit run to the WS and Donald Trump proving once again that are neighbours to the south can be a bit unbalanced from time to time, it was full of hope, it was heart-stopping, and bizarre and unpredictable!
But hey, let’s look ahead to the next 12 months.
- Will Team Trudeau live up to the hype? The shine will come off at some point over the next year and the country will see whether the bravado is just that, or if there is real substance in the leadership and Cabinet. I believe it will be the latter.
- Will the American GOP actually, really, truly nominate the white-trash racist blowhard? I hope and think not, but they are an unpredictable folk, those ‘mericans…
- Big year in sports coming up with the obscenely massive waste of money called the “Olympics” in Rio, and for we footie fanatics, the UEFA Euros…
- Speaking of sports, will the Jays make another run? Will my beloved Gunners finally win the Premiership again? Will the Leafs get first pick in the draft??? Will my hometown Red Blacks and Fury have another successful season?
- Will I win the office hockey pool?
- Will Mark Zuckerberg FINALLY give us all that money that he has been promising on Facebook?
So many questions!
Happy New Year!