Harper? The worst PM since 1968?
Shurely, the respondents to the poll must have interpreted this as a rhetorical question!
I mean, who even comes close???
And forget about “since 1968″. How about “ever”???
The biggest change observed since 2011 is in the second question. One-in-four Canadians (26%, +7) think Harper has been Canada’s Worst Prime Minister since 1968. Mulroney is a distant second with 17 per cent, followed by Trudeau (11%) and Chrétien (9%).
Harper is judged to be the worst recent head of government by more than a third of Atlantic Canadians (40%) and Quebecers (36%), as well as 26 per cent of British Columbians. Trudeau fares poorly in Alberta (21%), and Mulroney has a negative showing in Atlantic Canada, British Columbia and Ontario.
“Is Harper the worst PM ever” falls in the same category as the following rhetorical questions:
- What’s another word for Thesaurus?
- Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats, instead of parachutes?
- Why do hot dogs come ten to a package and hot dog buns only eight?
- Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?
- Why do flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?
- Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
- If you see a heat wave, should you wave back?
- Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
- Why is brassiere singular and panties plural?
This post has already been read 148 times!