Blue moon – tonight. Live!
a. The third full moon in a three-month calendrical season that has four full moons.
b. The second of two full moons occurring in the same month.
2. Informal A relatively long period of time: I haven’t seen you in a blue moon.
- It will be a blue moon before the Republicans ask Clint to speak at any of their events outside those held in furniture and office supply stores.
- Prior to the election, Jean said “I’ll see a blue moon before Pauline gets elected Premier!”.
- Someone stole $30 million worth of maple syrup? Well, THAT’S a once-in-a-blue-moon thing!
- Once in a blue moon, a CPC Cabinet Minister will say or do something that makes sense. Oops! I guess we have to wait until 2015!
Get out there and look at it folks… and – sigh – please don’t expect it to be blue. K?