… will he or won’t he?
I haven’t a clue and don’t pretend otherwise.
But Warren Kinsella does have some insights and recently (as in “today”) outlined 10 Reasons why JT is a Good Choice.
All valid points and, quite frankly, this from-the-sidelines blogger-dude cannot come up with 10 Reasons why JT isn’t a Good Thing.
But I can come up with a few.
- He would be as welcome in Saskatchewan and Alberta as a locust at harvest time. Or Greenpeace at any pub in Fort Mac. Or PETA at the Stampede. Or… etc.
- The Liberals would once again be running a coronation and not a leadership contest. fresh ideas seldom come out of coronations.
- Other less prominent but equally or better qualified than Mr. Trudeau may be discouraged from running. Why? See Number 2 above. Liberals like David McGuinty, David Bertschi, Dominc Leblanc, Marc Garneau or even someone like Sheila Fraser are all legit, have good ideas and are fresh.
- I’m not sure of JT’s sellability in his home province. But I could be wrong.
- Some progressive people – and I know quite a few – think he’s a poser and is riding his Dad’s name… name-cred but not enough street cred.
OK. Only five reasons. Best I can do.