Trashy in Barbados – deuxieme partie..
… and yeah, I’m late…
Well, bite me. I have many, many , many other more important things to do aside from blogging!
Seriously. On a scale of 1 to 18, where would I fit on the loser scale if, while faced with a beauty surf and awesome temps, I instead chose to stay within WiFi range and blog.
So, right now I’m on the patio with the waves crashing below and a Merlot in hand. Kids in bed. I’m still somewhat coherent with some recollections to impart.
- Yesterday. Fishing. And not for bass. Awesome beyond awesome. Addy came with me in her role as the “Official fisherperson of Alta Vista” and was impressive. 8 hours on the sea and not a word of complaint. She took it in and had fun. I think. Maybe when she is 16 and less eager to please she’ll tell me otherwise…Fish-wise? Meh. Had a blast and that is all that counts. My ol’ bud The Wagman arranged the trip and he couldn’t have landed a better experience. The few wee tuna that I pulled aboard with great effort (note – renew GoodLife membership) were shiny and scaly mini-thrills.But let us not mention the monster that the same Wagman let free after being firmly in hand… was likely a trophy… sigh… He will have to live with that… not I.
- The weather. Been told and have confirmed that this part of the globe is among the best for weather predictability. Warm. Dry. Predictable.
Though after talking with more than a few Bajans, times are a changin’… promised not to bring up politics during my restful vacay away… but it seems though things are shifting… weather-wise.
- Due to human activity? Probably.
- The Bajan accent. Can’t understand a fricking thing they say. Maybe they were really telling me that all is the same as it was 50 years ago, re: the weather! Who the hell knows… deaf as a doorknob and cannot pick up on this accent. First mate yesterday told me to move aside and I thought he was asking me to be his bride… scary.
- Waste management. I think they need a consultant to deal with their IC&I collection issues as well as an integrated waste management strategy. IF a rep of the Barbados government happens upon this post, contact me. I will work for patio chair rental licenses.
Tomorrow, Harrison Caves and Bert’s Bar to watch the *sigh* bronze medal match…
This post has already been read 433 times!