After 4 dozen years of human-hood, there are some things I have noticed:
- Nothing matters more than the your own health and that of your family. Nothing. Full stop.
- As children make the turn into adulthood, they are capable of, and do learn and accept #1.
- As crappy as my body may seem some days, there are those that feel worse. A lot worse.
- Grab the present by the gonads and run with it like your life depended on it. Don’t delay.
- Play to your strengths but understand your weaknesses well.
- Eat, drink and be merry, for sure! But know your body and the signals it sends when it needs to be nurtured.
- It is always more important to cuddle with your kids before bed than check Twitter / fold laundry / watch the game.
- It is always more important to listen to your kids than check Twitter / fold laundry / watch the game.
- Work to live and don’t live to work… but do not take work for granted because people are counting on you.
- It is good medicine to make lists like these once in a while.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, all!