6 years smoke-free, and weekly miscellany
Yup, it is six years to the day that I finally gave up tobacco for good. I, like many smokers, had tried to quit several times before but had succumbed. But this time, with a ten year old and a newborn part of my life, I decided that this time, my addiction was NOT going to win!
And I pat myself on the back for succeeding. Yay me!
Random stuff that popped into my mind this week:
1) Why are there only about half the number of OC Transpo buses on a Friday morning than any other day of the week. It couldn’t be that drivers are calling in sick and the Corp. simply isn’t bothering to replace them? Naw… that can’t be it.
2) The days are getting noticeably longer – and that makes Trashy very, very happy.
3) Don’t you hate it when little kids get sick and they look at you with that “why aren’t you fixing this, Daddy?” look? Cuts ya to the soul, it does.
4) Earbud etiquette: when is it rude to stay plugged in? At a store? Out for a walk? Are there some social situations where you should absolutely fer sure unplug yourself? What about when you’re at the counter buying something from the corner store. The clerk doesn’t give a crap about you so why should you give a crap about him?
6) I’m writing this while sitting on the 148 on the way to work. The WordPress app on my iPhone is pretty effective and I’m getting the hang of the keyboard. I expect more and more of my posts will be courtesy of George (my iPhone’s name).
7) One last thing – I’m still chuckling about the onion ring madness that has gripped the nation for the past few days (56,566 fans and rising!). Seriously, if you want a good laugh, scroll few some of the hundreds (or thousands) of wall posts on the site. You’ll see stuff like this:
the attachments to this post: